POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Pov-Ray Include File Initiative - Metals.inc Update : Re: The Pov-Ray Include File Initiative - Metals.inc Update Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Pov-Ray Include File Initiative - Metals.inc Update
From: Lukas Winter
Date: 12 Apr 2009 08:54:14
Message: <49e1e476@news.povray.org>
Am Sun, 12 Apr 2009 05:45:11 -0400 schrieb [GDS|Entropy]:

> Hello,
> [...]
>
> Before I proceed with the currently nonexistent waters.inc and
> waterSurfaces.inc, I have a few questions that I wish to pose to the
> community.
> [...]

What kind of objects would go into waterSurfaces.inc? If meshes are ok I
will see if I can contribute some tileable ocean waves. I once wrote a
patch for POV-Ray that generated such meshes using "The Aqua Library" by
Jocelyn Frechot but could not publish it due to libaqua's licence. I
think I posted some images on this group though.
Although I'm not sure whether I can distribute a standalone program that
generates meshes using libaqua I think I'm allowed to at least make the
meshes themselves available.